I put writing the Department End of Year volume aside and entertained myself with a preview of Captivate posted on Atomic Learning. Here are a few things I just learned:
- I can link to Atomic Learning content in Moodle, sending students to the site to view a tutorial. Could be good for skills students lose when they don’t use them frequently . . . . think APA citation.
- Interactive training produced on Captivate can be imported into Moodle . . . students don’t have to leave the safe haven of Moodle and reporting should be seamless.
- Captivate’s new drag & drop feature could be useful in an interactive lesson on using the inverted pyramid style of writing.
- YouTube links can be embedded into interactive modules.
- I might be able to create an interactive module for assessment!
- Learning is much more engaging than summarizing a new department’s year’s work.